After reading so many stellar reviews of Artisana Coconut Butter, I finally sucked up my pride and bought some at the natural food store last Saturday (when I biked for my fudge babies). I practically felt the flames lick my hands as my wallet burned, having forked over the necessary money. Poor Mr. Wallet– he’s been abused so much!
Well, Mr. Wallet is just going to have to suck up his own pride, because I am completely in love with this stuff! At first I was on the fence about the taste, but now I have gone over to the coconut side. I’ve fallen head over heels! It’s just so intensely… coconutty (f0r lack of a better word). So rich and buttery, coconut butter’s taste is divine both on its own and paired with other foods.
So without further ado, here are a few ways I have thoroughly enjoyed my coconut butter (CB). Oh what the heck, how about a list? Here are six ways I have so far enjoyed CB!
1. Use in conjunction with peanut butter (on toast, tortillas, fruit, a spoon, etc.). Trust me on this one. For once creating a love triangle is actually recommended!
2. Add some CB to your next peanut butter and jelly sandwich (or tortilla roll-up!). Consider using Pancake Bread.
3. Make a banana hammock using coconut butter. Banana and coconut make for a great flavor combo!
Above: banana hammock with CB, oats, raisins, ground ginger, and ground cinnamon.
4. Heat it up REAL hot (I figured out it tastes extra buttery that way), and use it in hot cereal. I used it in gluten-free oatmeal, but I’ll bet any hot cereal would work nicely. You could blend it in, or do what I did and sprinkle little blobs around in the bowl than just eat them on their own with a bit of oatmeal. 😀
5. Use as a spread on fruit. I have had excellent results using peaches and nectarines with CB. Who knew? It’s delish!
6. Just tonight, I used it as a topping for mostly-corn-free corn bread (it used millet and had the addition of fresh corn kernels). Is there anything this man named Coconut Butter can’t do?
Correct answer: No
Disclaimer: This is not an exhaustive list, I’m sure I’ll find more ways to enjoy my dear Mr. Coconut Butter! Also, I bought this Artisana product with my own money. I was not given free samples or paid to write this review (although if they would like to send me some free coconut butter, I am not at all opposed!).
Question: Do you like coconut? What is your favorite way to use it (provided you like it)?
Me: coconut isn’t always on my radar, but when I taste it every once in a while, I am reminded how much I like it! Just like now with the CB. I used to liked Almond Joys a lot, although I though they were super sweet, even as a kid. And that was before I became more sensitive to sweet stuff! Last year I actually made a good allergy-friendly almond joy. Where did I put that recipe…..?